Sunday 12 September 2010

SUB CLUB LOVE

I started out as the marketing manager of the Sub Club in Glasgow a year ago today :)

It feels like a lifetime ago that I first tread the floor of the club as a keen 19 year old from a small town in  Galloway.

I remember the atmosphere feeling like every week was New Years Eve! It obviously left an impression on me as I've been partying there religiously ever since! I really feel privileged that I live in a city that is so in tune to contemporary electronic music, a place where I get to see djs like Harri & Domenic, Twitch and Wilkes and Slam on a weekly time basis.

Anyone who knows me will know I am a house and techno girl, so this role has pretty much been a dream come true. I have been lucky enough to party with djs like Derrick May, Jeff Mills, Magda, Steve Bug, 2000 and one, Delano Smith, blah blah blah too many to list.

I plan to update this blog with loads of music/Sub Club chat.

Over the SEPT, OCT and NOV months we've booked Reboot, Magda, Marc Houle, Claude Von Stroke, Grandmaster Flash, DJ Funk, Kink and Neville Watson, Robert Dietz, Tensnake and Pan Pot. I hope that this excites some people and inspires you to party with me!

Here's a Sub Club favourite from this year you might recognise. It has been a huge hit since it's release in January only now just filtering it's way into the radio playlists. It will always remind me of the Garden Festival 2010 in Petrčane, Croatia. It's an absolute feel good summer classic.


No comments:

Post a Comment